Phil Shawe, CEO of The World’s Largest Translation Company
Who is Phil Shawe?
Phil Shawe is the Co-Founder and CEO of TransPerfect, a global family of companies and the world’s largest privately held provider of language and business services. Phil has overseen the day-to-day operations of the company for over 25 years, and grown the business from two people to an industry leader with over 4,000 employees and 100 offices worldwide.
Under Phil Shawe’s leadership, TransPerfect has received numerous awards and distinctions. The company is a seven-time honoree of the Inc. 5000 Award, a six-time honoree of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and has earned multiple Stevie Awards for Sales and Customer Service. Phil has been named Entrepreneur of the Year for New York City by Ernst & Young, and named to Crain’s New York prestigious “40 Under 40 list” as one of the top young executives in New York. Crain’s has also ranked TransPerfect as one of the largest privately held companies nine years in a row. TransPerfect was also named to fastest-growing lists six times by Entrepreneur.
Phil Shawe has guest lectured on Entrepreneurship at New York University and Columbia University, and is a member of the Association for a Better New York (ABNY). Previously, Phil was a member of the board of directors of The Joyful Heart Foundation, a non-profit that worked in support of survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse. His philanthropic efforts include supporting over 25 causes by donating time or financial support, and he was recently named to The V Foundation for Cancer Research’s Circle of Honor.
How did he Buy Out TransPerfect?
Phil Shawe bought out TransPerfect from co-founder and, at the time, co-CEO Liz Elting. The two started the company back in 1998 in their New York University dorm room, not knowing how powerful of a company it would become. Over the course of 25 years, TransPerfect has grown to be a global company with consistent growth and continues to open offices annually.
What Roadblocks did Phil Shawe Experience Along the Way?
- Delaware Chancellor Orders Outrageous Investigation
- TransPerfect Employee Sues Delaware Judge for His First Amendment Rights
- Bouchard’s Suspect Handling of TransPerfect Case and Questionable Judicial Fairness
- It’s no coincidence that the large drops for Delaware have come as the TransPerfect Global case was making headlines over the past couple of years! The Chancery Court and its assigned players operating the TransPerfect Global case under the auspices of Delaware’s Chancellor has seemingly turned out to be terribly detrimental for the state of Delaware.
- World’s Largest Translation Service Moves into Israeli-Owned Tower
- TransPerfect, the world’s largest language and technology solutions company is continuing its support for entrepreneurs by relocating their global headquarters to the historic Nomad Towers in Manhattan, New York. Owned by Israeli billionaire Eyer Ofal, the Nomad Towers now has its second high-profile lease agreement, announced recently after real estate company Zillow.
- TransPerfect CEO makes a Surprise Visit to the Wilmington History Society
- The Wilmington History Society convened for an evening discussion with the purpose of taking “A Deep Dive into the TransPerfect Case.” The event would begin with Jacob Jeifa of the University of Delaware, giving society members an overview of the case. Following Mr. Jeifa’s presentation, the floor was open for questions, and an unlikely guest, Philip Shawe, CEO of TransPerfect Global, made an appearance to help aid the discussion.